Editor’s Note: We are no longer accepting applications. Please check back for our selections!
Every year, The Story Exchange curates a list of standout women business owners. In 2014, we featured entrepreneurial up-and-comers in Young Women to Watch. In 2015, it was seasoned pros in the Power List. And last year, we highlighted a trio of philanthropically minded women business owners in Three Good Women.
Now, we are pleased to announce that the application period is open for our 2017 list: The Passionate & Purposeful. The theme reflects our focus this year on women’s empowerment through entrepreneurship, and on telling the stories of women who are doing “good on the ground.”
Women launch ventures for many reasons. For this list, we’re looking for women whose entrepreneurial endeavors spring from a deep-seated dedication to a cause or devotion to a skill, vocation or pastime. We want to hear how the women behind a business turned their interests into an exciting money-making, job-creating venture or turned their organization into outsized impact.
This list will truly spotlight the “why” of a business — the inspiration behind the mission, the drive behind the work. We are interested compelling stories — so don’t be shy! Share your calling with us, what makes you and your organization special, and what you have achieved!
What are the rules? Check out our full list of guidelines:
- You must nominate yourself.
- You must have been in operation for at least 3 years, and it must be a full-time endeavor.
- It may be a for-profit business, nonprofit or social enterprise.
- You must have two or more employees (full- or part-time, but not independent contractors).
- You cannot be a franchisee, independent distributor or sales representative.
- You may reside anywhere in the world.
- If you have male co-owners or employees, you must be the primary leader of the company.
If you have submitted your story previously and would like to be considered for The Passionate & Purposeful, please fill out the questionnaire again to provide up-to-date information about your business and answer the special list-related questions.
Lastly, be sure to tell your friends and family, colleagues and networks about The Passionate & Purposeful. Encourage other women to apply by sharing this page via email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. They will thank you!