We’ll be blunt — it’s been one hell of a year.
We know that presents can’t negate all that we’ve been through. The loss of life, of time, of opportunities to a global pandemic; the necessary unrest as Americans and others fight for a more equitable future; a political landscape that’s exhausting but critical to stay engaged with.
But we see this as all the more reason to be loving and kind to one another, and to lift up the small businesses that are still surviving amid unimaginable economic conditions. The holidays provide the perfect opportunity for both — and to us, that feels like something to celebrate.
That’s why, between now and Tuesday, Nov. 1, we want women business owners to tell us about ONE product you sell or service you offer that costs $100 or less and would make a great gift for anyone from a quarantined loved one who regularly calls to check in to the business partners you meet with regularly on Zoom.
We want to hear the story behind your product, the type of person it’s suitable for, and why it deserves to be included in our “Home for the Holidays” Gift Guide. We also want to hear why it’s the perfect gift for getting through these troubling times — whether it’s a great statement mask, tools for budding home chefs, or slippers that make walking around the house seem like a vacation.
Our final picks will be showcased on our site starting Tuesday, Nov. 24 — just in time for early-bird shoppers — and shared with our media partners.
- You cannot be a franchisee, independent distributor or sales representative.
- You must be able to safely ship your products, or provide your services remotely.
- Your product or service must cost $100 or less.
- Your submission will become part of our 1,000+ Stories project, an ongoing research project with Babson College. If you are not already a part of this campaign, information provided for the gift guide may be published as part of that effort.
- A team of judges at The Story Exchange may ask you to send a sample for review.
Note: If you have already submitted your story to our 1,000+ Stories campaign and would like to be considered for our “Home for the Holidays” Gift Guide, please fill out this form as well, as it contains additional questions. And, please fill out the form in full if it has been more than 6 months since you last told us about your business.
After you apply, be sure to spread the word! Tell your friends, colleagues and networks about The Story Exchange’s “Home for the Holidays” Gift Guide, and encourage others to submit applications by sharing via email, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Questions? Contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.