There are plenty of stories in our shared history that show it’s never too late for a new start. Julia Child’s cooking show debuted when she was 51 years old. Dr. Ruth hosted her first radio show, “Sexually Speaking,” at 51 as well. And the painter known as Grandma Moses didn’t even pick up a brush until she was 78 years old.
Women entrepreneurs, too, are starting up and succeeding later in life. And we’re going to show you who they are.
Before end-of-day Sunday, April 28, we want to hear from female senior entrepreneurs who started up as 50 approached (or any time after!) for our first-ever Fearless #Over50 list. Women who thrived for years as an employee before becoming an employer. Women who have applied decades of leadership, teamwork, organizing and networking experiences as they grow their own businesses. Women who explored new passions and purposes with their new chapters in life.
We’re seeking experienced women who will inspire future generations of female founders.
Our final picks for this list of standout senior entrepreneurs will be recognized on this site, shared with our media partners and potentially featured in video profiles such as these.
Sound like you so far? Check out our full list of guidelines:
- You must nominate yourself.
- You must complete the entire form in order to be considered.
- You must have launched the company no earlier than your 47th birthday.
- Your company must have been in operation for at least 3 years.
- It must be a full-time endeavor.
- Yours may be a for-profit business, nonprofit or social enterprise.
- You must have at least two employees (not independent contractors).
- You cannot be a franchisee, independent distributor or sales representative.
- You may reside anywhere in the world.
- If you have male co-owners, you must be the primary leader of the company.
Note: If you have submitted your story to us previously, either as part of the 1,000+ Stories campaign or for a different list, please fill out all parts of the questionnaire anyway. This will help us ensure that we have up-to-date information about your business, as well as answers the special list-related questions. If you have submitted a similar form to us within the last 3 months, you may refer us to your answers to any duplicate questions.
After you finish your application, be sure to tell your friends, family, colleagues and networks about Fearless #Over50! Encourage other senior women entrepreneurs to apply by sharing this page via email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
And, check out our past lists of fantastic female founders: